CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

so i used to could dance!!

there's a whole other generation taking the dance world by storm and i am so dang proud to be involved even if it's just a tiny little bit in seeing these girls realize their dreams! i become personally involved in their lives and right now, i'm having a moment. i am so proud of kelene who has failed but gotten up and tried again and is now moving to sin city to be one of the chosen few to dance in the donny and marie show. i work with amazing talent everywhere i look. and i love that i can be a part of it even if it's the yelling about an absence part!!! :)






have you ever heard the phrase, those who can't- teach? well i guess that's what i've become: the canter of the skill of dance so i will teach. which i actually love my job, not so much all the work, but the connections and amazing girls and 1 boy that i get to teach. i love dance, but i love teaching also. not so much math or science or any other subject besides dance but i also love working with the crazy teenagers. i love to hear about their drama and complain with them on how hard a class is. this crazy thing happens in my classes, at the school and the studio- once you're mine, you're mine. i love you forever. hopefully none of my student's will come across this so i can still threaten with my scary demeanor every so often! the end

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Holly - I can't say enough about how wonderful you are. You are a phenomenal dancer and I'm proud of you because you have stayed with it (unlike some of us!) I'm also SO excited that Maddie will be dancing with you next year.

I've been so thrilled at how many dancers are from Utah these days. Matt and Thayne have been Maddie's teachers a few times at her studio so we love watching "So You Think You Can Dance!"

Alifinale said...

Whatever...you are an amazing dancer that is why you are such a good teacher. I wish I could come to your SYTYCD parties because I am loving that it is back on.

Congrats to Kelene! That is so exciting and how great that she is moving to Vegas! I live there, too - so you should come down and play with us.

I think you are hilarious and I only wish I could learn to dance from you...a little late for that. Your students are lucky. And I hear I need to see your awesome performance at the end of year show.

Jared Heal said...

Hollie,
I have always thought you have the best job in the whole world. You are such a great dancer and teacher. I just think about all the help you gave me when we were dancing. what fun memories I have of dance classes together.
Shea and I want to get together with you and Jen while she is in town. Call me and we can plan something.

Natalie Hall said...

Hollie,

If I have a girl I am sending her to Utah for private lessons from you! That has got to feel amazing to teach, and watch how far they grow. Then to have them be on a television show! Impressive!!! Why are you so stinkin tan all the time. The bottom picture is great of all of you, I take it that is your sister and Mom, darling!

Pat said...

I love you to death. Your the first person except me that says usetacould. I call it my Utah word of the day. My kids make fun of me because I use the Utah Slang. You are such a cute girl and the greatest personality. You don't give yourself enough credit. I know you have made a big impact in our family expecially Brittany and Cody. He still asked about you. I think you are the only person who ever stood up to him. He still remembers that. You got guts girl

Shannon said...

Your girls must just love you as their teacher, you look like you could just be one of them, so hot.

Anonymous said...

Stop pretending like you can't dance silly!!! You're amazing and I love love love you :) So i just created a page...or blog...or whatever this is but I have no idea how to use it. How do I add you as my friend??? Please be blogspot friends with me! Love you